Terms & Conditions
- The Economic Times Young Leaders (hereafter referred to as ETYL) is an initiative of and the sole property of The Economic Times. The ET Young Leaders is supported by partners as published on www.etyoungleaders.com
- The last date for taking the online test for Phase 1 is Sunday, 7 October 2012. For taking the online test in Phase 1, the ETYL website will redirect participants to the website of our partner SHL.
- Correspondence: Any correspondence from ETYL to participants will be directed by email and/or SMS and/or letter to your email address and/or postal address as provided by you.
- Eligibility: Applicants are required to be resident Indian nationals working as employees in the corporate sector. A participant should be '26 yrs or older' as on 7 October 2012, 23:59:59 hrs and '32 yrs or younger' as on 7 October 2012, 00:00 hrs.. The following persons cannot participate in ETYL:
(a) An employee of Bennett Coleman & Co. Limited or group companies of The Times Group (b) a member or employee of SHL, Lowe Lintas and other partner agencies (c) a self-employed individual.
(d) Top 22 of The Economic Times Young Leaders 2011.
- Only one unique user id and password will be given per participant. Multiple entries by the same participant are not permitted.
- Decision of the Evaluation Panel in Phases 3 & 4 will be final. No communication will be entered into with any person in relation to any decision of the panel or process.
- ETYL may change the Terms and Conditions of participation at any time without prior notice. The amended Terms and Conditions of Entry will be effective immediately upon being posted on the website. Important changes to the Terms and Conditions may be highlighted on the website www.etyoungleaders.com for your convenience; however, you acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to regularly visit the website to read any changes to the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Conditions apply.
- Participants will be asked to furnish valid documentation supporting their registration details at various phases in the programme. Non-compliance will lead to disqualification.
- Any food, travel and stay costs will need to be borne by the participant at each phase of the programme.
- There is no entry fee to the programme.
- The Economic Times can verify participants by themselves or through any third party at any stage of the programme.
- The Economic Times can mention the name, organisation of the participant through ads, editorial, website etc. as when they deem fit.
- The Economic Times reserves the right to accept the nominee using any filter it deems fit.
- The programme will be hostedwith the start and end dates as decided by The Economic Times (ET)/ Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd(BCCL). BCCL reserves the right to modify, cancel, discontinue or terminate The Economic Times Young Leaders programme at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reasons whatsoever. Decision of the Economic Times/BCCL will be final and binding on all participants and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- The Economic Times/BCCL reserves the right to terminate the registration at any time or in the event that the information, including your e-mail address, is no longer current or accurate. The participant shall be the only authorized user of the User Name, User Identification and Password.
- While The Economic Times/BCCL makes every reasonable effort to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information posted on the programme website, BCCL assumes no responsibility for, and does not guarantee, the accuracy, currency, completeness or usefulness of information in any material about the programme, and does not endorse, oppose or edit any opinions, recommendations or predictions posted by the participants or other members.However BCCL may remove or delete from the website what appears to be potentially unlawful content or content otherwise prohibited under these Terms and Conditions.
- Programme details published on the website www.etyoungleaders.com is for informational purposes only.
- The content available on the programme website is the sole property of BCCL and its partners and is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patent or other proprietary rights and laws.
- Use of this site is restricted to authorized personnel only. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of this site shall result in criminal or civil prosecution by BCCL or its affiliates.
- The shortlisted participants/candidates will be intimated individually at the email address and/or contact number provided by them.
- Three attempts will be made to contact shortlisted participants. Records for the same will not be shared with the shortlisted participants. Failing which the prizes, if any will be awarded to any participant as ET/BCCL deems fit.
- Any applicable tax to be paid for claiming prizes, if any is the responsibility of the shortlisted participants.
- All decisions made by The Economic Times/BCCL shall be final and not open to challenge.
- These Terms and conditions are set forth herein as an agreement between The Economic Times andthe participant and is subject to change without further notice.
- Disputesif any will be limited to the jurisdiction of Mumbai courts only
- The benefits of this programme cannot be clubbed with any other offer/promotion/contest hosted by The Economic Times and/or Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
- Conditions Apply
Rules and regulations
- Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, family members of 'The Economic Times' and 'Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.', their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, programme partners and advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible to participate in the programme.
- Participant agrees that he/she shall be solely responsible for all statements made, or acts or omissions that occur through the use of their Username, User Identification and Password.
- Participants hereby agree not to provide or make known his/her Username, User Identification Password or e-mail address to any other person for the purpose of facilitating such person's access and unauthorized use.
- Participant hereby agrees that all content herein is the sole property of The Economic Times and/or BCCL and its programme partners.
- Participants understand and hereby agree that the information in, or derived from, predictions and other information including without limitation text, graphics, images, animations, computer programmes, data, designs, logos and button icons and the arrangement, collection and assembly thereof, is the property of The Economic Times and/or BCCL, and may not be copied, modified, adapted, translated, mirrored, decompiled, disassembled, republished, redistributed, transmitted, altered, edited or exploited in any manner for any purpose. Participants alone are hereby permitted to display, print and store one (1) electronic copy of information provided by The Economic Times/BCCL for own/personal use.
- Participants hereby agree that upon posting Information or conducting Communications, he/she grants The Economic Times/BCCL and its successors and assigns a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted license under your copyrights or other intellectual property rights in such Information or Communications, if any, to use, license, sub-license, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit and create derivative works from such material in any and all media, in any manner, in whole or in part, now known or hereafter developed without any duty to account to the participant.
- Participant hereby waives all rights to any claim against The Economic Times and BCCL or its affiliates and programme partners for any alleged or actual infringement of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with such Information or Communications.
- Participant grants BCCL the right to authorize the downloading and printing of such Information or Communications, or any portion thereof, by other users for their use.
- Participant hereby agrees that BCCL may, in their sole discretion, terminate or suspend his/her access to all or part of programme for any reason, including without limitation breach of these Terms and Conditions (or any subsequent modifications hereof)
- Participant hereby agrees that BCCL, its affiliates, and any independent contractor and programme partners engaged by The Economic Times/BCCL to assist in moderating programme, shall not be liable in any way, and the participant hereby also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Economic Times/BCCL, its affiliates, and any independent contractor and programme partners to assist in moderating the programme, from any claim, demand, proceeding, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) made by any third party relating to or arising out of
- your use of this site or any information, products, services or software available on or through this site;
- your breach of these Terms and Conditions or other improper act or omission by you;
- any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omissions of
(a) any such data or information on the programme or
(b) the transmission or delivery of any such data or information;
- unauthorized access;
- theft; or
- any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by
(a) any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission;
(b) non-performance or
(c) interruption of any such data or information due either to any negligent act or omission by the programme or The Economic Times/BCCL or to any "force majeure" (i.e., flood, extraordinary weather conditions, earthquake, or other act of God, fire, war, insurrection, riot, labor dispute, accident, action of government, communications power failure, or equipment or software malfunction) or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of BCCL.
- The Economic Times/BCCL and its affiliates and programme partners shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims related to your termination from the programme.
- The Economic Times /BCCL is providing this programme website and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the content, information and materials contained within or accessible through this site, including without limitation, that they are accurate, complete or current.
- BCCL's decision will be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The entries shall be the sole property of The Economic Times /Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. (BCCL), who shall be free to use the same for any promotional or other activities in future.
- The Economic Times/BCCL holds no warranty and makes no representation regarding the quality of the prizes, if any. All the prizes will fall under the standard terms and conditions for warranty as defined by the concerned Company by whom the Prizes/Grand Prize is sponsored/ manufactured. Winners of the Prizes shall be bound by the terms and conditions as communicated to them by the respective sponsors. Prizes cannot be exchanged for their value in cash or for other prizes.
- Participants are solely responsible for any expenses incurred in participating in the programme or in the acceptance and use of the prizes. BCCL and sponsors shall not be responsible for any loss or damages suffered by the winners while availing the offer.